Monday, March 3, 2008

The Store, ramblings, upcoming not for profit, etc

No sales yet, but I just started. I know it's going to take a little while before I get my first sale. I'm waiting patiently. Here are a few things I've got up my sleeve.

I finally took pics of the vintage pillowcase dress. Looking at it folded does not do it justice. Kaytlin and I had a little photo shoot today... here are some of the pics. You can find the listing here... it's a steal at $11. There are more pics in the listing.


I also made a tutu... but I'm going to wait a couple of days to list it. Supposedly it's good to scatter your listings instead of doing a lot at once. I know this isn't your typical tutu.... it doesn't exactly scream Ballerina. But I love it. It's very off-the-beaten-path. The original picture is larger. There are ribbons tied into it as well. I really like the way this turned out. I was thinking punky gothic princess ballerina. It'll be available in all sizes.... I just like the way these full length ones look. I've obviously got some photo editing to do. Kaytlin was funny... I told her to go put it on and come outside. She came outside wearing nothing but the tutu... I had to run inside and grab the first shirt I could find. She was wearing a shirt that somewhat matched to begin with. Og well... this'll work. This tutu says to me 'punky whimsey'... I think that's what I'll call it!



Just a funny side note.... I'm writing this from the breakfast table and I can hear matt belting out some song in the garage while working out. He tries to be so macho.... only I get to see the side of him that sings lil bow wow while jogging. LOL! As I was finishing this up the man beast came in and wiped his sweaty forehead on my arm. ICK EEWWWW!!!!!!!!
Next thing in the works - I bought these 18m capri jeans last year to sew something for my niece... but I never got around to it. I picked up this really awesome fabric... it's this really pretty aqua blue color with flamingos and palm trees on it. The flamingos and palm trees are in vertical lines (I'm not a big fan of lots of small scattered objects on fabric...). I'm going to make a cute top (two layers of ruffles attached to a bodice) and two layers of ruffles added onto the jeans. I wish I knew what brand the jeans were.... they were at Marshalls with the label cut out (only the size label remains). They could be expensive... or they could be cheap. No less, it doesn't matter. I won't be selling it for a huge amount since I just so happened to have the jeans laying around and needed to do something with them anyways.


Oh I almost forgot! Remember that dress I stashed and said I was going to give away? Well, I finished it over the weekend. Here it is! I won't be selling this or anything made with this pattern (well, for the right amount I would, but that amount would be HIGH because this dress was a royal PAIN)




Till next time. PS- leave me comments, I like to see who's reading ;-)
DUUH I forgot to add the 'not for profit' stuff!! I really want to start doing small things (with my scraps), sell them, and donate the profit to a charity of the month. Right now I'm thinking about selling coasters and reusable multipurpose/grocery bags. Thanks to some helpful moms, I think I've come up with a price. $10 + shipping for 6 CUTE reusable grocery bags and $7 for a set of 4 coasters. I wanted my first charity to be something eco related, but I'm having a hard time finding one that I'm comfortable giving money to. Maybe I'll pick something different instead.... plus no one gives a poo about our environment anyways. Got any other suggestions on things I could use my scraps to make and sell? Do tell!

1 comment:

erin, maker of chimes said...

The tutu looks like a lot of fun! So cute!