Monday, March 17, 2008

First sale, weekend projects, etc.

I got my first SALE!!!! First to go was the punk whimsey tutu... then within a couple of hours later, someone accepted an alchemy bid I placed, then a few hours after that I got another accept from an alchemy bid! I was packing up the punk whimsey tutu last night and just felt so accomplished, so proud! I've made things for people before and gotten paid to do it, but this was my first sale as an actual business with a name and everything. Hubby seemed to think I was a little overly-excited about it lol.

I bought this awesome AWESOME pattern last night. I can't wait to start it! I just want to ditch my current project and start working on it! I have this burgundy paisley fabric that I picked up at Joanns about a month ago. I didn't know what I'd do with it, because it's definately not something that would make an adorable little girls outfit. But I just loved it and had to have it. Now it has a purpose. Since I didn't have the fabric with me, I just had to pick a solid color for the lining... brown. It looks like it's going to be fairly easy to make... at least I hope!
Over the weekend I whipped up an outfit for Kaytlin out of two vintage pillowcases. One was a pillowcase dress/top... it comes just above the knee. With the other pillowcase, I made capris. It is sooo cute. Here's a pic of it. . It was super easy too. I think I'll write a tutorial on making a pillowcase dress from actual pillowcases. It took me a little less than two hours to whip together this outfit.


I really need to sit down and start working on some charity things. I also need to do a PIF (pay it forward) for etsy since I made a PIF purchase.
I ordered and received two yards of Amy Butler fabric. I'm sew in love with it. I just don't know what I'm going to do with it though! I can't decide! I want it to be something wonderful!



I also bought this skirty-like fabric. I really like it, but it's not "me". I bought enough to make two skirts. This pic does not do it justice, but I took it as I was running out the door this morning, so it's the best I've got for now.


This here is the longest living cut flower. I think I might write the Ginness people and see about getting my world record. This was in Kaytlin's Valentines Day flower arrangement (yes, we buy our 4 year old flowers for V-Day). It is now 3/19 and this flower is STILL lookin' good!! We bought it from the grocery store on 2/14!! PS... this pic was so much prettier full size.



I never knew yardwork was so dang hard!! We have spent hours and hours working on JUST the front!! We haven't even started on the back! At first, we used a spike aerator and seeded... well, that was a waste of time and money because it didn't take. So Matt and I got out there with a hoe and loosened the dirt in all of the bare spots (which, as you can see, there are plenty of), seeded, then gently scooted the dirt around to somewhat cover the seeds, THEN put pinestraw on top of it. Oh I forgot to mention that we had to dig dirt from this hole in the back yard and move it in the wheelbarrow to cover the uneven spots/dips along the driveway due to years of neglect (thanks to the old owners, there's a big hole which needs dirt to be put on top of and grass seed planted, we figured since it was already there we might as well borrow some dirt from it). Our neighbor let us borrow his plug aerator (more expensive, much better), so he did that too.



We dyed Easter Eggs on Sunday. In my whole life, I've never been able to get the stinkin' eggs to be as vibrant as the ones on the box. I followed the directions and everything!


No comments: