Tuesday, February 26, 2008

So much for a baby dress!

I did the baby outfit mentioned below. This pattern must be intended for giant babies. I did size 0-3 months and LOOK, it fits my size 4T daughter as a top! It might fit 18-24 months as a dress, but definately not a 0-3 month old baby. Darn. I was really hoping to do something for a baby too! I guess I'll be using this pattern to make toddler tops instead. I'll have to modify it a bit, but I think it'll work out nicely as a top. The one Kaytlin is wearing is really more like a 3T, it's a bit snug around the chest.


Here she is... wild hair and all. This pic is weird.... she doesn't even look like this!



This is more like her. This was last night. She wasn't feeling very good. She had to stay home with me today because yesterday when I picked her up she had a fever. Today she's been alright... low or no fever, but her school won't allow kids to come within 24 hours of having a fever. I understand, I just hope she's okay to go tomorrow!

I'm very proud.... I have finally mastered merging the elastic casing with the front of tops!! It took me a while to figure out how to cover them, and even when I'm working with a lined top I'd still have a little spot at the top of the seam where it'd be ugly (elastic, 3-4 layers of fabric, etc). So YAY me! I figured it out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! She is looking so cute in this colorful baby dress!! I just love this!!