Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My very first real blog...

I've blogged before... on sites like myspace... but I've never just had my own blog. I decided to start one because 1) I really enjoy reading other crafters blogs about there projects, tutorials, etc. 2) I could seriously talk all day long about sewing and crafts. 3) I need a place to write it all down! I use three and a half computers.... my work computer, my pc at home, my laptop at home, and an iPhone... so I am constantly emailing myself links, pictures, etc. that I see on the internet.

So... a little about me. I LOVE to sew, I'm a mom to a 4 year old little girl, I work full time, I'm a wife to my college student/full time working hubby, hmm... am I the only one who finds it hard to describe themself?

Right now I have a million things I want to sew. Note: I'm not yet one of those sewing gals with hoards of fabric, trims, etc... although I wish I were. I do, however, sew pretty much constantly. I buy fabric as needed (but I will stock up on patterns whenever Joanns or Hobby Lobby marks them down to $1 each!). I just splurged and bought a bunch that were on sale... and I have no idea what I'm going to do with them. I bought some ribbon, elastic thread, and this pretty trim... so I'll be shirring some of it, making at least one pillowcase dress, and maybe even pull out one of my many stashed patterns and make something with them. I also want to make a scrappy pin cushion. Right now, my # 1 sewing priority is to finish my friends baby shower gift, I have already made a puppet wash cloth and a quilt. I have to make the lined basket and hooded towels by this Friday... TWO DAYS! It won't take much. I don't have a pattern for these either.

Okay, time to clock back in from my lunch break!

No comments: