Monday, September 15, 2008

An apple a day....

We went to the most beautiful place in Georgia again this weekend. This time we had a mission - picking apples. I'll be making caramel apples for Kaytlin's 5th birthday bash, and what better source for a mass amount of apples than the North Georgia mountains. It's so beautiful there. I could take a thousand pictures. I just love going to my moms house. There are so many things to do that you just can't get "in the city".
I went with intentions of getting about 30 apples, and was sent home with this.......>>>>> (minus the tractor)

There were probably 12 apple trees scattered about, all slap full of apples, just waiting to be gobbled up.
The best part about apples? If you keep them in the crisper, they'll last for months!


K absolutely loved it. Nanna was cleaning apples for her right there in the orchard. K got to ride my stepdads tractor. That was cute. I spent the entire afternoon cleaning apples. Did you know that grocery store apples don't come off the tree looking all shiny and absolutely flawless? For some reason I imagined they were just naturally shiny and bright red. I was informed that they go through a serious cleaning process, then they were coated with a WAX to make them shine! My stepdad has been known to jack with me from time to time, but it turns out he was telling the truth this time lol.


No comments: