Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Pink twirly fun

My latest creation. I love it. I forgot to take a picture of the appliques at the top of the pants lol. I'm not sure what happened to that bottom picture, but the slightly blurry, muted color, black thing in the corner give it a certain interestingness to me for some reason. It's gotten the most views for this set on flickr, so I imagine it holds interestingenss to others as well.


PS: no sew heat n' bond doesn't work so well when appliqueing cotton onto denim... just an FYI :-)
This fabric has been a creative block for me. I had it in my stash for a good while, I really wanted to use it, but I just couldn't think of what exactly I wanted to make. So many designs would have required a third coordinating fabric, and if I buy more fabric right now my hubby is going to KILL me lol.
So now this is done...... what next?? When I was cleaning out my garage I found an old sheet. It looks and feels like the 60's. It's creamy white and has a big band of eyelet trim... enough to make two... somethings... tops, dresses... something.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute outfits- and what a spirited model you have! :)

Debbie~ said...

Love this outfit, I've admired your work before on etsy! I have a small granddaughter so I notice these cute things you're making!!! Your model is adorable too!!!
http://ecologicallyworn.blogspot.com/

ecologicallyworn.etsy.com

Anonymous said...

Adorable! And great photg skills, too!

www.fakeycakies.etsy.com

Anonymous said...

You are very talented, and your daughter is so lovely as a model. Is the top your own pattern or can you share your secret with me.

Amanda said...

Thanks everyone! Sewpink- it's a pattern that I modified about 15 ways lol. The bodice is the only part that is still the same... I modified the straps, the skirt, added the little buttons, and the band across the bottom. The pants are just jeans with a twirl ruffle and applique (not pictured).