I'm here today to share with you an awesome idea... cookie mix in a jar!
The recipe and directions are available here.
Here are my suggestions-
1) Save money on the jars by buying them from thrift stores. One good wash and they are good as new. You can buy lids from the grocery store. The jars are the expensive parts. Lucky for me, I have tons thanks to my mom.
2) I like what they did with the ric rac. You could also use raffia, hemp rope, or a strip of fabric that coordinates with the fabric you used for the top.
3) Handwrite the recipe on a nice recipe card for added charm.
4) Pair the jar with a handmade apron and wooden spoon for a nice little kitchen gift set.
5) Instead of chocolate morsels, add Christmas colored M&Ms.
More Handmade Holidays ideas to come =)